Advantages of Building Green
What Makes a Green Building?
A green building, also known as a sustainable building, is a structure that is designed, built, renovated, operated, or reused in an ecological and resource-efficient manner. Green buildings are designed to meet certain objectives such as protecting occupant health; improving employee productivity; using energy, water, and other resources more efficiently; and reducing the overall impact to the environment.
The Advantages of building green with Insulspan include:
- Environmental sensitivity.
- 50-75% savings in heating and cooling costs.
- Most effective way to meet the Model Energy Code.
- Natural resource savings.
- Reduces dependence on old growth lumber.
- Reduces fossil fuel consumption.
- Reduces atmospheric pollutants.
- Utilizes recyclable materials.
- Energy Star Program.
- The Annual Cost Comparison Chart is a major selling point
to energy-conscious home buyers.